Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 2 – 3 years (Preferred)
Location: Katy/Sugar Land, TX/Hybrid“Hybrid work is a working arrangement whereby the location from which employees work is flexible.
Under the supervision of the Medical Director, the Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) is responsible for providing both empirically and evidence-based psychotherapy/counseling/talk therapy treatment services, for patients with mental health conditions who are referred by the Psychiatrist and/or mid-level providers. The LPC will work to address other social and wellness needs of patients and utilize area referral resources for needed specialty care, hospitalization, or advanced psychological/neuropsychological assessments and treatments.
Education and/or Experience/License and/or Certification:
- Completion of an accredited master’s program as well as completion of requirements (e.g., supervised hours) to apply for and have passed the appropriate licensing examination resulting in licensure and/or certification necessary to practice independently in the state of practice;
- LPC with at least two years of full-time experience in outpatient (IOP/PHP) or inpatient mental health counseling preferred;
- Will consider LPC-Intern status with appropriate experience;
- Must be able to meet and maintain credentialing and privileging requirements.
Special Requirements for Consideration:
- Treatment of veterans with PTSD;
- Treatment of sexual assault/abuse victims;
- Must be willing to work on call during evening hours and weekends if necessary.
- Providers must have received specialized training and experience in Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) and Empirically-Based Treatment (EBT);
- Providers must understand the impact of trauma on the CNS as well as trauma-informed treatment methods in order to treat all anxiety diagnoses including PTSD; Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PET) for PTSD
- Formal training in CBT for treatment of all presenting diagnoses and issues;
- Ability to perform each position responsibility satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position;
- Must be computer literate with the ability to enter information into the company assigned EMR/EHR system(s);
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Provides psychotherapy/counseling/talk therapy to scheduled patients (Adult; Children and Adolescents) utilizing both empirically and evidence-based
psychotherapy/counseling/talk therapy counseling modalities;
- Performs psychosocial assessments to determine the mental and behavioral health status and needs of referred patients;
- Formulates differential diagnoses of mild to moderate mental health conditions and/or substance abuse;
- Formulates short-term and long-term treatment goals for patients under care;
- Engages in scheduled staffings with the treatment team to update treatment plans, evaluate progress, review medication regimen, and to develop discharge plans when appropriate;
- Identifies patients with urgent mental health conditions (e.g., concrete suicidal plans, concrete homicidal plans, psychosis, etc.) and makes appropriate referrals to emergency room or psychiatric treatment facility;
- Provides written documentation (within 24 hours) of clinical treatment sessions, assessments, interventions, and recommendations to meet the requirements for medical records documentation as well as all necessary billing information required for reimbursement;
- Provides crisis intervention assessments for patients presenting with acute care needs;
- Provides groups or family therapy sessions as clinically indicated and/or requested by the support system;
- Participates in a team management approach to patient care/treatment;
- Maintains quality care through participation in but not limited to peer-reviewed educational opportunities, peer reading, policy development, as well as quality improvement programs when assigned;
- Maintains and updates your licensing requirements for renewal specific to your Licensing Board–provider will be responsible for updating license to maintain employment status;
- Performs other duties as assigned.