Telehealth is the distribution of health-related services and information via electronic information and telecommunication technologies. It allows long-distance patient and clinician contact, care, advice, reminders, education, intervention, monitoring, and remote admissions. Telemedicine is sometimes used as a synonym or is used in a more limited sense to describe remote clinical services, such as diagnosis and monitoring. A telehealth appointment can be made via the Patient Portal.
Preparing for Telehealth Appointment
- You will receive a Telemedicine GoToMeeting Provider link the day prior to your scheduled appointment. (If you do not, please contact the office immediately to have that link resent).
- Link can also be found here under your provider’s profile.
- Use the latest version of Google Chrome.
- Ensure you have a good connection, and your device is fully charged and check your audio and video.
- Patients with poor connection will be rescheduled
- Choose a well-lit, private, confidential space for Telehealth sessions.
- Ensure no one else is within hearing range.
- Prepare a list of questions and have prescriptions and supplements on hand.
- Please log in 5 min prior to appointment.
- Patient will be considered a “no-Show” 10 min past appointment and a no-show fee will be assessed.
- For safety reasons, no telemedicine session will be conducted with patient/client in a moving vehicle, either as a patient or client.
- Failure to comply with the above will result in your appointment being cancelled and a No-Show fee will be added.
- No unauthorized person(s) is allowed during your session.
- No minors will be allowed to attend Telemedicine session unsupervised. A legal guardian or an adult must be online and available for all sessions.