Depression (major depressive disorder) is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. Fortunately, it is also treatable. Depression causes feelings of sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities once enjoyed. It can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems and can decrease a person’s ability to function at work and at home.
- Feeling sad, hopeless or not enjoying life
- Robs a person of their desires, ambitions, and energy
- Weight gain or loss
- Sleep cycles are screwed up
- Disrupts the person’s thinking and ability to focus
- Might have feelings of being worthless
- Negative thoughts and stress
- Suicidal thoughts or behavior
We also offer Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) which is used to treat Major Depression Disorder (MDD).